To all our pupils
By the time you leave us
you will know what it feels like
to be good at something and
have achieved your very best.
Welcome to Bygrove School
To pupils, parents & carers, we hope you see this site as an extension of your school; one that you can visit whenever you want for information or simply to show us off to your friends. To those of you we don’t yet know, we hope you‘ll find it worth your while to have a good look around & find out more about us!
Bygrove is an outstanding one-form entry primary school serving a multicultural community practically in the shadow of Canary Wharf in the East End of London. We have been a National Teaching School since 2013, supporting other local schools & alongside our alliance partners, training the next generation of outstanding teachers. We may be small but we think big!
Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do. They are happy, friendly & well-behaved & they love learning. They achieve results in all subjects that are well above the national average & consistently make much better progress than their
peers nationally too.
So how do we do it? Well there’s no big secret.
We work hard at doing the right things & we get
help from our friends. Aiming high is our motto &
the sky’s the limit! Have a browse, find out more
& if we’ve whetted your appetite, come & visit us.
Jo Franklin & Jeremy Iver
Bygrove Values & Vision Statement
Ambition, Respect, Compassion & Collaboration; everyone at Bygrove knows & lives by our values. They're what you'd find running right through us if you cut us open like a stick of Brighton Rock; they're what makes us tick.
This is the school's vision statement:
‘To all our pupils,
Every day at Bygrove Primary School, the staff and governors are working to make sure that by the time you leave us:
- You will love learning new things, feel ready of the future & want to keep on learning more;
- you will know what it feels like to be good at something & have achieved your very best;
- You will understand just how incredible you are, believe in yourself and have confidence & resilience to follow your dreams;
- You will have grown healthy and strong and understand how to look after your body and mind;
- You will have known friendship and learned how to get along well with other people;
- You will feel part of your community and proud of your school & inspired to make a difference.’